Network Operations Engineer
Date Opened: January 2023
- You will provide day-to-day level 3 support for the networking infrastructure, including on-call and war room support, and will help resolve outages.
- You will be responsible for problem management of incidents where the root cause remains unidentified or permanent resolution is not in place.
- You will provide proactive network maintenance, monitoring and administration, implementation of OS, firmware, security updates and patches across the network infrastructure.
- You will produce accurate and consumable documentation for projects and root cause analysis.
- BS/MS in an Engineering field - Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years network support/operations/engineering experience
- Experience with AWS public cloud technologies (GCP or Azure a plus)
- Experience with AWS Cloudwatch and other network monitoring products
- Python programming and API development experience (Bash/Shell scripting a plus)
- Automation experience (Ansible/Chef/Puppet/etc)
- Knowledge of git and CI/CD
- Containerization or container experience (Docker/Kubernetes/etc)
- Operational knowledge of security concepts and technologies – Stateful packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, WAF, IDS, IDP, DDoS and other risk mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, subnets, routing and switching
- Knowledge of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF desirable)
If you are interested in submitting an employment application please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org